Governor Wolf’s Month Long “School Funding Defensive” Expands To The Airwaves
The Allentown Morning Call, however, saw the situation differently, pointing out that “Wagner’s claims had put Wolf’s camp on the school-funding defensive.” And as the next month of the campaign played out, even The Morning Call’s view didn’t even do the Wolf campaign’s education panic proper justice.
Since July 13, the Wolf campaign has sent ten press releases (including six in a 48 hour period) trying to defend the Governor’s disastrous record on public education. They also launched a digital ad to try to do the same.
- MEMO: Scott Wagner’s Education Lies Are Dangerous for Pennsylvania (7/13/18)
- Scott Wagner’s Hometown Newspaper Slams Him for Lying About Education, (7/20/18)
- Here’s What They’re Saying Across PA About Scott Wagner’s Anti-Public Education Record (7/21/18)
- AUDIO: Governor Wolf Calls Out Scott Wagner’s Big Education Lie (7/24/18)
- ICYMI: York Dispatch: EDITORIAL: With latest allegation, Scott Wagner takes page out of Donald Trump’s playbook (7/24/18)
- MEMO: Scott Wagner’s Long History of Supporting Anti-Education Policies (7/24/18)
- Scott Wagner Pushing A “Well-Documented Falsehood” That Has “Been Thoroughly Debunked” (7/25/18)
- Governor Wolf Touts Importance of Education for Pennsylvania’s Economy (7/25/18)
- VIDEO: Scott Wagner Says Schools Are Overfunded While Sitting In Helicopter He Chartered (7/25/18)
- DIGITAL LAUNCH: Wolf Campaign Launches New Online Ad Campaign and Website to Highlight Scott Wagner’s Education Lies (7/27/18)
Meanwhile, The Pennsylvania Democratic Party did it’s best to try to bully and intimidate legislators from around the commonwealth from speaking out against the cuts on behalf of their constituents.
This strategy included:
- Filing Right To Know requests on legislators who issued press releases or wrote letters to their local papers about the issue.
- Going back and issuing responses attempting to smear the records of legislators who spoke out on the issue a month earlier.
- Unfortunately for Tom Wolf, if Scott Wagner is lying about the Governor’s support of HB2501 and his plan to cut over $1.2 billion from 70 percent of schools then the following media outlets are also lying about it:
- And by the Governor’s logic, legislators of his own party, school officials and school districts also must be lying.
- The truth is that for his first three years in office the Governor did not sign a budget and failed to authorize one dollar for public education.
- If the Republican legislature was not there to bail him out, Governor Wolf’s reckless leadership would have lead to children in Pennsylvania going uneducated for three straight years.
- When it comes increasing funding for basic education, Wolf’s record of only authorizing a single $100 million increase falls short of what Wagner has done.
- Wagner voted for a $150 million increase in the 2015-2016 budget.